Friday, September 10, 2010

Off to a Great Start!

So, I am very pleased with the progress I have made in the last couple of days. I have done very well with my idea of creating something every day. A few things in fact, and now I may need to spend some more time studying lol. Yesterday, after taking Aly to preschool, I came home and made a Christmas present for my Dad...a set of cloth napkins with chickens on them (to match his kitchen decor). Then I made an adorable purse out of an old placemat (will post pictures as soon as I find my camera charger), and I redid a shirt that was way too big for me. (I took it in on the sides, and removed the sleeves...) Later in the evening, I made a stuffed lady bug for Aly to play with.

Today, I made a purse for Aly from an old outfit of hers that was too little. (It was also stained, so not fit for goodwill). I cut out a couple of embroidered patches from a Dora shirt that Aly had, and sewed them onto a matching pair of shorts (covering the stains), then I took the rest of the shirt material and made a liner for the bag from it. I also turned some too-small mis-matched Dora socks into adorable little pockets on the inside of the bag. This particular pair of shorts also had an attached belt, which became the handle. It turned out super-cute and Aly loves it!

I sure hope I can keep up the pace and make atleast one thing every day (and that Aly doesn't keep thinking she needs one of every single thing I make). I really love creating things, and it is a great stress-reliever for me also. Now I have to get back to my studying and writing my research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment