Friday, October 1, 2010

Use your Crap challenge.

I am joining the Use Your Crap link party at Shannon's blog. Today is supposed to be our first post, but I didn't get a chance to fully complete a project today (but I did work some on a rag rug I had already started). For this challenge, we are not supposed to buy a single new craft item for the rest of the year. I do have quite a large stash so I may be able to do this challenge, but I am making one special exception for myself for buying things. My brother-in-law has finally started going through some of my sister's old things (she passed away last year), and anything that belonged to her for crafting, I will still purchase...because it was hers. I purchased quite a bit from him this morning already, so there may not be anymore.

I didn't get a project finished today, but I did get my stash put (mostly) in one spot. I had it covering the bunkbeds for a long time, but got a shelf for it set aside today and set everything on/around it. There are still probably about four totes of stuff not shown in my pictures, and some plarn and t-yarn and juice pouches.

My stash (or most of it)

Yarn stash!

More yarn stash (and still more in the bottom of a tote)

My stash is still very unorganized...I need to sort it by type of fabric and color and whatever else I can think of. Right now, I really don't even know what all I have...only that I have enough to keep me busy for awhile!

1 comment:

  1. I joined Shannon's challenge as well. In order to get something done for the week I was up until late last night. Good luck with the challenge.

    So sorry to hear about your sister. I'm sure she would be so pleased to know that you will be putting her supplies to good use. Things crafted from this stash will be especially treasured for sure.

    ReplyDelete