Sunday, May 15, 2011

Noah's Birthday Gift

In my (extended) family, there are six birthdays in the month of May. Needless to say, May can be an expensive month if I attend every party (usually at a pizza place with games--more money), and purchase a present for everyone. This idea was born from having no wrapping paper for my nephew, Damon's gift. He had been sent a gift by a far away great great aunt, and it was my job to wrap it...with no wrapping paper. I had purchased a small gift that went along with hers, so I decided to put them all in one big bag. I found an old t-shirt and set to work making a bag out of it...then I thought, why not put his name on it and add a drawstring and it can be a present too!

Apparently the idea was a hit, because his cousin is now asking for one as well. The cousin's party is tonight and I had a little more warning, so I was able to plan his bag a little better. Here is what I came up with.

Ok, turn your head 90 degrees to the left--I really have to remember to turn these right side up next time.


I really like the way this turned out, and I wish that I had the time to plan out Damon's bag because I am afraid he will be a bit jealous now.

Here is a sneak peek at another project I am working on.

Tattered quilt.

This quilt was made by my grandmother. She passed away a couple of years ago, and my Dad gave the quilt to me to be used as batting for another quilt or something, but I know he would rather see it salvaged. Some of the blocks are beyond repair, but a few I was able to salvage and will be able to patch, but the batting is almost non-existent, and there is still much to be done. (It won't be the same quilt when I am finished, but will still showcase some of my grandmother's blocks). Stay tuned for the reveal!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea for a bag! I never would have thought of this- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charity~

    What a great upcycled denim bag, Noah is one lucky guy! Thanks so much for sharing this at K.I.S.S. blog bash last Sunday. I can't wait to see what you share tomorrow. Happy to be a new follower of your blog too. :)

    ~Christina~

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete