Sunday, January 31, 2010

Potty Training

Well, we are finally figuring out the potty training thing (at 3 years old...makes me feel like a bad mother). We honestly tried several times before, but just couldn't get Aly interested. I think what finally worked for us is telling her what a Super girl she is. (Her favorite Dora movie is Super Babies, so she likes being called Super Aly when she pees on the potty). We reserve this name for big girl stuff, but mainly potty time. After only 1 week, she basically goes by herself (though I try to follow her in there to make sure she isn't just playing). She has had only 3 accidents this week (1 pee, 2 poo). The pee I think was because she was mad and crying and didnt realize it, and the poo I think she just doesn't differentiate between that and gas maybe? Yesterday, when she woke up (Dave and I were in the other room), she looked at us through the door and then went straight to the bathroom to do her business! I was so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment