Friday, November 15, 2013

Cooking Lesson - Tuna Salad


Hmm...Ok, so do you actually have to turn on the oven or stove to have a cooking lesson? Technically I did turn on the stove to boil the eggs, but that was before Munchkin got involved. Oh well, I am calling this a cooking lesson anyway.


Ingredients for tuna salad (onion not pictured because...well, I forgot).


Munchkin scrapes our tuna into the bowl.


Adds a few crumbled crackers.


Mayonnaise and relish. 


Eggs (and onion!) And mix it all up.


Then ya get to spread it on a piece of bread and eat it...that's the best part!


Since we were in the kitchen with Mayo, Relish, and Eggs, Munchkin decided she needed a deviled egg. (She has been able to make deviled eggs fairly independently for a couple of years now.) 


Her finished plate...loving the fine china here, aren't ya?


I have kindly omitted the "after" picture here where she stuffs an entire deviled egg half into her mouth!


Tuna salad sandwiches can be a bit messy if you don't hold them just right...I managed to not drop the camera, while reaching over to hold her sandwich together.

When cooking, I have a tendency to not measure anything unless I am baking or following a new recipe...this is both a blessing and a curse. I can make things more quickly and it tastes good each time, but I have trouble sharing my recipes! For teaching Munchkin, I am going to have to start measuring at least some stuff...and writing down my recipes while I am at it!

Check out my link party page to see where I am linking.

No comments:

Post a Comment