Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Writing Prompt Wednesday 5/25/16

Another week; another Writing Prompt Wednesday. 

Here’s how it works. Each Wednesday throughout the summer, I will post some sort of writing prompt on this blog. It might be a picture, a word or phrase, or a bit of dialogue. It could even be a feeling or a smell.

Anyone who wishes to play along may write a scene or an entire story using the prompt. You can keep these stories to yourself if you like, using this as an exercise for your writing brain, or you may share with us in the comments below. Occasionally I will share my scene or story as well.

If you choose to share your story in the comments, please keep it clean. I started this series by request of a student, and would like to keep it where people of all ages and backgrounds can participate.

There are no winners and losers here, no prizes or fame to be had. My intent is for everyone who participates to have fun and be encouraged. 

The picture prompt this week is from my soon-to-be-released book called Meadow Fairies:The Littlest Frost Fairy Gets Her Name. 

Here is the writing prompt for this week. 


A few questions to get you started thinking (remember, I'm asking you to make something up based on the picture, not write about what might be happening in my book): 

Who are these people? What are they discussing? Why does the little one look sad?

Share your story in the comments! I can't wait to read your interpretations.


1 comment: