Sunday, May 8, 2011

Finally SUMMER!

A couple of days ago I made a new item. I totally planned to blog about it right after I finished, but hmm, I don't know what happened...I think the summer lazies caught up with me. So anyway, I bought a big bag of material for $5 and in the bottom was some old upholstery samples...I decided to see what I could come up with that just used one sample instead of sewing them all together and making something. So, here is my before picture of what I started out with.


Zipper from the pants, two scraps from the bag I bought, and the upholstery sample.

I had also just purchased a zipper foot (finally!) for my sewing machine so I decided to test it out. Now I wish I had taken step by step pictures because at a couple of points I wasn't quite sure if it was going to turn out right or not. Here is the finished project (a change purse).



I also just created an Etsy shop this week, so the change purse and several of my other creations are available for purchase on Etsy at  http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScrappyBag?ref=pr_shop_more. Or you can search for ScrappyBag on Etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment